I started my coaching business a short while later with little time, little budget, and a little baby at home to love on, and I've been thriving while taking care of ME in the process ever since then....
BUT... A LITTLE WHILE AGO... I HIT A WALL.
I want to be REAL about my own pivots in my business and life. Is it scary to share this? SURE. But I want to empower you to do what YOU need to do.
Change can be scary if you resist it, but YOU know it's necessary and it'll be easier if you embrace it as one huge adventure.
And if you feel called to shift things and lead your life and business in a new way, then you gotta go for it to stay in integrity with your highest calling.
HERE IT GOES...
The first year in business, things were going well, and I signed on clients easily while our AirBnb rental home created additional income for us. Things were working and I LOVED having time and energy freedom to expand and explore, to help other women start businesses!
But it wasn't feeling like enough, and I didn't know why.
Yet, I knew the breadcrumbs were there.... I knew I was meant to help women doing good in a whole new way.
I knew that there were causes and issues happening in the world that I cared about, that triggered me, made me angry, afraid, anxious, that put me in a tailspin of grief...
Last October, I was on a retreat in Tulum Mexico with my mastermind, when the curtain was pulled back and revealed my highest calling with immense pain... that I'm very grateful for now.
It was a simple headline on facebook that outlined a horrific story of sexual abuse on a child... and it cracked me wide open. Though I only saw the headline and never read the article, it spun me out into a 3-hour tailspin of fearful, angry, ugly crying in the middle of the night.
In a luxurious home. In the middle of TULUM. On a RETREAT. I'd been triggered by things like this in the past, but this had an immense effect on me.
Where I was and what I was doing didn't matter, if I couldn't help this kid, if I couldn't get some freaking relief from my own personal anxiety (something I'd struggled with for a long time and thought I was "done" with).
So I did all that I could do...
I wasn't a particularly spiritual person at this point, but this pulled back a curtain that I'd long ago closed (no, I'm not a victim of abuse in any way, but it revealed to me that THIS is something I've always ALWAYS cared about changing). I sent healing energy to the little one that it had happened to. I sent healing energy to the world, to everyone affected. I asked for help, and I asked for strength.
And suddenly, a sense of calm washed over me as a thought appeared:
"You need to send this man who did this awful thing a prayer, too, Allison. You don't know the depths of what he's been through, and the amount of self loathing he feels. He doesn't even want to live right now. He's praying for relief from his own hell. Pray for him..."
It was the largest mission in compassion I've ever had to complete - to pray for someone who many would want dead - to ask for him to heal and be surrounded with light, when all I wanted was to strangle him with my bear hands.
My heart and soul said: "pray".
So I did.
And though my intention was to send healing and light to him and to the child and to others....
In the process, I healed myself, too, and my spiritual and self-development took off on a whole new journey.
After that, my intuition and energy healing abilities evolved, and I began to feel endless compassion for others.
I started to see the best and the highest in all things as they were... I began to release judgement more and more, and accept people and situations exactly as they were, while knowing my very presence could be healing and helpful for them.
That's my gift. I can help you turn the messy discomfort and find the light and love.
I can facilitate inner transformation that creates outer expansion, that helps you stand up and create impact AND income.
I can heal hearts, and I can help others enter a new wave of development so that they may take the lead for the causes they care about as well.
After that day, I knew that I was MEANT to help. I was triggered because this was what I cared about the most.
I knew that helping children, trauma victims would be where I would find another level of purpose... and another level of transformation, and find my truest happiness.
I couldn't stand by any longer, hoping other people would fix this. Hoping others would do what I didn't have the courage or education, or hell, all of my other lame excuses... to at least TRY to change things.
THIS IS WHERE MY HIGHEST CALLINGS CAME FROM...
1. Helping children who are misused, misunderstood, labeled as wrong or bad or not good enough to thrive, to come alive, to accept and love themselves through different and more accessible education, leadership skills, coping skills, and community environments where non-violent communication is taught.
2. Helping female leaders, visionaries, change-makers, dreamers, and problem solvers, like YOU, step into YOUR highest calling, too - no matter what that is or how scary it is. I'm on a mission to help you prosper and give back in a way that feels FUN, freeing, and fulfilling for you. By helping you create your own ripple effect, I can only impact more and help more, and I want YOU to do the same.
I'll bet you feel that, too. You have things that you see on the news, or read about online... things that people say or do around you...
And they just make you think "When will this change? When will someone do something about this?... What could I possibly do? I'm just one person.... What will people think of me if I speak up, act differently from them, challenge them, or try to change things...? Will I lose people"
Yes, I know that feeling of wanting to shrink, feeling not enough, wondering if it will matter for you to say anything... wondering if you'll lose people you love on the journey.
I know because I went through the process - get triggered, expand, stand up, shrink back... get triggered AGAIN, expand out again, stand up and out, and feel the impulse to shrink...
It was time to really prove to myself: could I mix play, with purpose, and create prosperity? Could I contribute to solving problems in the world, to helping women really take the lead beyond signing on one more client...
Could I create a larger ripple effect and have it be FUN and FULFILLING in the process?
HELL YES I CAN!
I did the biggest business pivot of my life: from Business Coaching to Leadership + Life Coaching for women who want to create larger ripple effects in the world. I work with women who want to do good, or are searching for their way to do so.
It feels DAMN GOOD to support women in taking the lead, and thriving at the same time.
If you're wondering if it's possible to create change, to have a thriving business, to have a family (of kiddos or fur babies - I've got both!), to love on yourself and nurture your temple, your personal growth, your own joy in the process...
1. Pay attention to what triggers you on the news, online, in life, in conversations. Is there a common thread that you find?
2. Pay attention to how long that feeling lasts, or the thoughts that accompany it... do you wish someone would fix it? do you wish it would go away or not exist? do you feel like YOU want to change it or wish that you could help?
3. Reconnect with your bigger vision. Does this come into play when you close your eyes and picture yourself 1, 5, 10 years out? Do you see yourself helping, or contributing in a way that feels FUN and good and freeing? (Need help connecting with that larger vision? Check out my meditation bundle for massive momentum and intuitive income.)
4. Look to where you could empower yourself to get started. Do you need to educate yourself on the situation? Do you need to find organizations you can help?
5. Look at HOW you'd like to help. Would you like to... tithe? Donate time? Share a message online? Volunteer for a specific organization? Host a meeting with other people? What feels right for you?
6. Think about where and how you'd like to wrap it into your business... or if you'd like to create a separate entity for it.
7. Define the message and the foundations of that cause or foundation or new MISSION.
AND TRUST THAT AS YOU WRAP IN PLAY AND PURPOSE, YOU WILL FIND GREATER PROSPERITY BEYOND JUST INCOME...
YOU'LL EVOLVE INTO THE HIGHEST AND TRUEST OF YOURSELF.
Plus... if you're wondering, can I actually put in time or money or effort to something else? What if my income is affected? What if it doesn't work... what if I miss out on experiences or freedom that I want to have to travel or explore or create or write or play?
YOU CAN HAVE FUN and contribute. You don't have to be miss serious pants all the time just because you stand up for a cause or wish to change a belief system.
You can create a ripple effect through laughter, love, faith, or formality, or through just closer connection.
Pick your way. Try it on. See if it fits.
Between traveling, coaching, creating content, writing my book, and supporting my communities, my favorite things to do are to spend every afternoon with my little boy, playing, jogging in the park, going to yoga, or snuggling up to color, read or watch Harry Potter.
We are a very magical family, and there is TIME and ENERGY for all that we feel is important to us.
There is plenty of time and energy for me to be happy, and I learned how to maintain my own reserves so that I can give back more exponentially - which is important for ALL leaders. Here's my personal recipe that I do currently..
- One part meditation + connection with my highest vision and calling (innnnerrrr peeeacccee)
- Mindset work and Journaling every day
- Two Parts Essential Scented Oils (Cheer, Peppermint, Lemon, Peace are all wonderful for me and my emotional and highly energetic self)
- Movement + Outdoors Time (I often process through movement)
- Daily Creative Time (painting, writing my book, drawing, writing lists of the craziest ideas I can think of to solve really random problems in the world)
- Daily Education Time (this could be anything from watching educational youtubes to reading a novel to reading a business building or leadership book or listening to a podcast)
- Support System (my husband and mindset coach/emotional wingwoman are AMAZING supporters when I'm feeling #alloftheemotions)
- Daily Believe, Ask + Act Routine >> Daily Intuitive Action
This fuels me, but what fuels you could be totally different.
As a change maker you have to know that your energy is everything, so elevate it and take care of YOU inside and out.
I love to explore spirituality, to host meet-ups, retreats and more in Colorado and around the US, and I LOVE more than anything, to know that I'm giving back, and that I'm supporting women like YOU in creating the life you love, in the way you love...
To do it, you have to evolve mind body and soul.
You have to follow your breadcrumbs and stop denying your truth:
You are here for something BIGGER, something GREATER, something more powerful.
YOU can rise and thrive, and you're meant to.
So if you're afraid to transform, to evolve, to remove what isn't feeling right anymore, or to stay put in your zone...
Ask yourself what's possible for you, for every heart you'll touch, if you take the lead now.