You will LOVE this visualization exercise for your happy, healthy, wealthy, safe, prosperous ideal day.
Viewing entries tagged
Routine. Schedule. Daily System.
Me-OW! Those are sexy words, aren't they?
Have you barfed yet? Or do these words make you feel as if you've been snuggled in a warm, soothing blanket?
If you're the former... you're more like me.
I fall a little bit more into the creative category. I used to think I was boring if I was "on a schedule".
Where's the spontaneity?
Where's the adventure?
How am I supposed to express myself fully if I'm totally stifled by schedules and plans?!
Why don't you understand me, oh plan-obsessed friends of mine?!
Yes, I was that person. But now I'm not.
Having a *flexible* schedule can actually be liberating creatively and can allow you more freedom. And... it's kind of essential if you're a work from home mom, like I am.
Let me explain to you what I mean here, because I can sense you rolling your eyes.
Before I had my son, I resisted setting a schedule in all ways possible. It's likely because I'm a freer soul that likes to explore, and as I've grown, I've learned the greatest gift we can give anyone is the ability to express themselves fully.
I still do feel a little bit schedule-resistant. It's why I still don't fit the 9-5 day job mold status quo. (Nothing wrong if you do.) I still want the flexibility to work where I want to work (Bali, anyone? Or check out our recent travels to Italy!)
I also have always known I would be a mom. (I now have an 18-month-old adorable little boy) AND a thriving online coaching business. It's what I'm good at, and I enjoy both things deeply - motherhood and having a fulfilling career where I can impact the world in two wonderful ways.
I want to live life on my terms - traveling, going for walks in the mornings, hiking in the mountains on a Tuesday morning, taking my son to mom and tot classes... I want all of that, AND my own successful business where I can change the world person by person.
And I have ALL of those things.
(You can, too, so don't even start those self-defeating thoughts.)
Once you have a baby, or work a full time job, AND start running your own business, it's mui importante to create a *flexible* and personalized schedule and routine... which I learned the hard way through trial and error.
The last thought you want is to have the "what do I do right NOW in this moment to build my business? What is THE #1 thing I should be doing?"
A few tips I've picked up from mentors and fab coaches on the way...
- Consistency and Persistence lead to business success. (Anyone who's worked in marketing and sales knows this is a cornerstone, and my coach preaches this as well.)
- Implement a schedule that serves your personal life as the priority (NOT work) so that you're better taken care of, you're better able to serve your clients, you're more available to listen to your intuition, and less available to overwhelm. You'll make the best decisions possible and do what you love with whom you love when you want to do it... because it comes first.
- Don't waste time on the business activities that don't matter to you. Schedule only the activities that are income-generating for your business.
- Stop being "busy" - the bad kind of busy that sucks your time and energy and leaves you feeling drained and all "what did I even get done today!?" Doesn't that feeling just suck?
- Become fuller, more expansive in time and energy - instead of depleted, overwhelmed and stressed.
There is a saying in our industry that I have whole-heartedly adopted:
If you're too busy, working yourself to death, not having the freedom and adventure you desire in your life... then you're running your business wrong.
Ouch. I know. I have BEEN THERE and I too got the loving smackdown from my own coach a while back.
Being that "busy" means you're likely spending a lot of time and energy on the wrong tasks, and you want to spend time only on what activities generate income or increase happiness and expand your energy.
(I know this income-generating part seems difficult to figure out in the beginning, but it really isn't super difficult, and it's one of those things I help my clients with.)
The Ban Burnout Fix?
Create a SCHEDULE for yourself and your family, and things may start to look up. It will take some tweaking, but you can get there, ladies!
This will help you get all of the steps in place to create that schedule and everything else you need in your business.
Download my FREE Guide: The Freedom Formula to Stop Struggling and Start Thriving in life and business. There's an excellent exercise (plus more!) to help you really maximize your time and energy so you can live with more adventure and freedom... and less overwhelm and stress.
Here are the top 3 tips for creating your bosslady, successful entrepreneur/ mompreneur schedule:
- Schedule in what you LOVE doing first, your personal life non-negotiables (family, friends, self care, wellness, leisure) and WHEN you'll be doing it. In pen. It's non-negotiable. Morning walk? You bet. Time for happy hour on Thursday? Absolutely. Barre? F*ck Yeah! Get it? Okay, your turn. What is non-negotiable makes your heart happy I want to do this all of the time in your life?
- Look at the time you have left over. That is the time that you can use for your business. Leave 5 hours in your business for your creative time. Schedule your other essential, income-generating business activities in then. Nothing else.
- Once you've scheduled in both, if you feel overwhelmed - pick the top 5 things you dislike the most out of those activities, and REMOVE THEM. No questions asked. No judgements made. You do NOT need permission to use your time and energy efficiently. Just do it. Liberate yourself! Your turn. Go. Don't feel bad. There are NO judgements here.
BONUS TIP: is there a LOT that you don't like doing or aren't good at falling into your schedule? It may be time to delegate and automate even more! Stay tuned for my next blog post where I'll talk more about that. (Plus, you'll get more updates and awesome tips from me when you sign up for my email list. I don't spam b/c, I hate spam and believe we should, obviously, maximize our time. Promise.)
So... how are you feeling after that? That was the short and sweet version of how I like to manage my time and how I finally created a great schedule that works for us.
Now you have your schedule. You have your opportunity to be consistent and persistent. You have your opportunity to bring your best self to the table because you're well taken care of.
Share your schedule wins in the comments below!
P.S. Don't forget to download the FREE Guide: The Freedom Formula to Stop Struggling and Start Thriving in life and business. It will greatly help you out!
When you hear the word "freedom" what do you think of?
Independence? The ability to live life on your own terms? Not having to ask permission to have the experiences you desire, or to spend time with people you love?
- Would it mean being able to visit your brother or sister for a long weekend whenever you want?
- Would it mean being able to work from Bali or France for a month?
- Would it mean being able to take your son to the park in the middle of the day?
- Would it mean being able to go to Spin Class at 1 in the afternoon without asking permission?
- Would it mean being able to go to all of your kid's hockey games without having to ask anyone if it was okay?
- Would it mean being able to prioritize self care and personal needs above all else?
Would it mean putting your own desires first?
- Would it mean having enough money to feel at ease?
- Having the confidence to step out into the world and build a legacy filled with purpose and vision and great energy... without overwhelm or burnout?
- Would it mean being rid of worry and limiting beliefs?
- Would it mean ending the struggle and beginning to thrive in your own business, with ease and confidence?
- Would it mean trusting that you're making the right decisions, that you can control more about your own success and freedom than you ever imagined?
What would it mean to You to have Freedom?
Freedom is that thing that people desire, so I created this special FREE Guide for aspiring female entrepreneurs, like you, whose greatest wish is to build their legacy, have a thriving business, live a beautiful life, and to do it all with ease, confidence and wellbeing.
The biggest struggles that come up for my clients and many people I've interviewed, is overwhelm, worry, and "never having enough time ,or energy, or money". (Let's banish those lacking beliefs now, shall we?) The Freedom Formula Guide will help you with all of that.
I'm spilling my 8-Step Secret Sauce.
The FREEDOM FORMULA.
Download The Guide by clicking on the image below and SIGNING UP.
Then go ahead and PIN it or SHARE with your friends and family on social media!
This hugely awesome guide (more like a stellar Workbook) is packed with loads of tips, exercises and information to get you where you need to go in life and your new business. It's designed specifically for aspiring entrepreneurial women who want to thrive with more ease and less overwhelm.
Now YOU can SIGN UP by clicking the image above or the red button below. You'll get to download your copy, and SHARE with your friends and family and social networks.
So where is this all coming from?
This past month has been all about two things for me: Freedom and Family. Attracting Freedom, Peace and Ease is a large part of my daily practice manifesting process because they're some of my deepest desires. Things have been going so well that I've had to UP my manifesting and visualization game. In fact, desiring these things has come up with every one of my current clients, my family, my friends, and other entrepreneurial women in my coaching program (yep! I'm part of another high-level group program, and it feels SO good to be surrounded by more entrepreneurs like me.)
If I can help just 10 people through this guide - if I can help YOU find independence, freedom, success, abundance, ease, confidence... I'll be happy! I'll have done what I came here to do.
I'm sure you're thinking, "WHY does she care about this so much? What's the deal?"
Don't you feel like you were meant for more?
My life just a year ago didn't look anything like this. Not even close. I'm so grateful for where I am now, and I know that there are other women out there who deeply desire to build a legacy and to grow through their own CEO, ladyboss, entrepreneurial business. My mission is to help women like You blaze the trail with ease, confidence and success. Because for us, it's not just about the ME in this equation. It's about our families, our friends... our children. It's about passing on the knowledge we gain and making a larger impact on the world.
There is more than enough success and abundance of love, energy, money, knowledge, and confidence to go around.
Download the Freedom Formula Guide today, and please share with your friends and family.
BONUS: Once you've downloaded the Freedom Formula, please join my Facebook Group: Choose Your Own Adventure, for Smart, Bold Women. In the group there will be a corresponding CHALLENGE to help you implement the steps within the guide. I also actively participate in the group and will help you get any clarity or questions answered.
I hope you find it impactful, clear and helpful for your business. As always, please email me, write a comment below this post, or share with us on social media!