Today, I am feeling so EXCITED and GRATEFUL. I'm so grateful to get to talk with a few of my clients today - some insanely inspiring women! Seriously, these ladies are killing it! And after that...
We finish packing for ItalY!!
My husband, tot (Finn) and I leave tomorrow for a 2-week trip in Italy, and I feel like I could just pinch myself! I can't wait to get there.
While I am so grateful to be able to begin an adventure to my favorite place again, there was a lot of prep involved in taking this vacation. One of the primary goals in starting my own coaching practice, was that I wanted to be more in control of my time and energy and to do something that would serve other women.
Taking care of myself and prioritizing my needs is essential to me, so I had to prep in order to fully take these two weeks "off". I believe deeply in self care and putting personal wellness as high priorities for anyone, not just entrepreneurs. How can you serve your clients best, or take care of your family, or be super efficient at work, if you aren't taking excellent care of yourself?
You can download my FREE guide below to read more about how I prepped everything in my business so that I could fully immerse myself in the heaps of pasta I'll be eating in just a few short days.
Now... back to daydreaming about sweet, sweet Italy! Here's what I'm looking forward to:
- Visiting Florence, and Naples/Sorrento/Pompei/Amalfi Coast area, AND Cinque Terre. All places I've never been before.
- Taking in some sweet, sweet architecture and eating leisurely outdoor meals at the cafes or on our balcony.
- Train rides from city to city through the Italian countryside during Fall. I can't wait to see those leaves changing!
- Reliving my memories of that time I was in Rome, and Sting showed up and decided to play a FREE concert near the Forum. Ticked off SEVERAL life goals in that one night alone. Visit the Forum for the first tiem. See Sting live in concert. Go to concert with my BFFs in a foreign country.
- Less crowds. Traveling during the Fall helps to avoid the tourist season in many places.
- CARBS. I don't eat a ton of carbs, so I'm going to carb-load on some bolognese and arrabbiata pasta, and I'm not ashamed of it. Look for TONS of food pics on my Instagram, Facebook Page and maybe a Periscope or two starting Wednesday! I'm @alliehorner on IG and @allisonhorner on Periscope.
- Saying cheesy things like, "WHEN IN ROME!"... because we're literally going to be ringing in my 30th birthday IN ROME - my favorite city!
- Having some espresso so bold and smooth that it'll bring tears. Every parent's DREAM.
- Staying in AirBnbs. We rent our home out on AirBnb (WHY not have some passive income?), and I think the BEST way to experience a city like Rome is to live in a temporary apartment rather than a hotel. Plus, one of the families lives right next door and their nana is insisting on cooking for us so she can squish my little bambino's cheeks... and I honestly don't mind at all. I love that!
- Seeing my hubs and son experience the awe that is Italy for the first time ever.
- SHOPPING. One of my biggest regrets from past trips was not shopping a little bit more. So I'm going to make that happen this time.
- Coming back to my 90 day group of aspiring entrepreneurs which is starting in October!
Tell me: what else would you recommend we absolutely see or do, or where we should eat?